People Like Us
Today I’m going out on a limb.
If you’re a somewhat regular reader of my site I’m going to suggest that:
- You’re an independent thinker who doesn’t automatically follow the crowd.
- You like to consider ideas and points of view that are different to your own.
- When you discover something that really resonates (an idea, article, book or video) you like to share it with other people who might benefit from it too.
- You ask questions of yourself and the world that elicit blank stares and disinterest when you try discussing them with most of the people you know.
- You get excited when you’re able to connect the dots between two ideas and discover a brand new insight.
- You’re not sure that ‘good enough’ is.
- You’re willing to venture off the beaten path. (You can’t read this whole post on facebook – you’re one of the few who will actually click through and read instead of just scrolling past.)
- You’re an early adopter. You don’t wait until the reviewers give it five stars before checking something out. (Believe me, I’ve seen my pageviews. You’re a really early adopter.)
- You’re loyal. (I’ve written over eighty of these posts and you’re still here.)
- It means the world to you to be recognised (seen and heard) and accepted, by people you care about, for who you really are.
I write posts like this for people like us. This is our tribe. Thanks for being here.