Who Can You Invite Into Your Circle?
What are you working on right now?
Who can you invite into your circle right now and how might that make things different?
- the friend who’s always ready on the other end of the phone to help pick you up, dust you off and send you back on your way
- the teacher you haven’t reached out to in eons
- the student who would intern with you and help you through a jam just for the benefit of sharing some of your experience and wisdom
- the contact who said “If I can ever be of help, let me know”
- the guru with decades of marketing acumen
- the dancer with an infectiously positive attitude
- the consultant who has experience with the tools you want to use
- the friend with the charm and chutzpah to open doors to new contacts
- the friend who has battled the same demons as you and won
- the partner who wants to understand what you’re working on and why it’s driving you crazy
- the creative thinker who looks at the same situation but sees things differently to you
- the fan who loves your work and is excited to share it with the world
- the collaborator who will add another dimension or layer to your work
- the guide who keeps you connected to your best self
- the coach who challenges you dig deeper, be more authentic and more honest
- the supporter that you want to be there to share in your success
When things are feeling stale, stuck or stagnant, remember there’s a world of wonderful humans out there. Some of them you already know and others you are yet to meet. Inviting them into your circle offers the chance to build a new relationship or reinvigorate an existing one and could add a shot of creativity and energy into your project.
H/T to Adam Lemmon of Badass Backpacks for reminding me of this today. He’s a very valuable member of my circle.